· Plan an afternoon of free babysitting at the church for ward members. Advertise the service and circulate sign-up sheets several weeks ahead of time. Prepare one kids' craft or activity for the afternoon.
· Identify areas of town (parks, playgrounds, roadsides, church grounds) that are littered or dirty. Over several days, pick up trash and beautify the areas.
· Organize a food or clothing drive and donate the proceeds to a local shelter.
· Make finger puppets for a children's hospital
· Learn and become certified in First Aid and CPR and teach it to others
· Babysit for Relief Society Enrichment night for 5 months, plan activities for the children
· Compile and distribute a monthly YW Newsletter for 6 months
· Make and bring Sacrament bread for 6 weeks (must let Priesthood leaders know)
· Temple work!! Find names and go to the temple to be baptized for them
· Make FHE kits to give to families in the ward, 3 months' worth-including recipes, games, lessons
· Plan and cook 10 meals for your family
· Organize and de-clutter your attic or garage (with a parent's permission)
· Sew 5 pillows to give as gifts
· Offer to do free babysitting for 10 hours to a family in the ward
· Write weekly letters of support and encouragement to a Missionary for 3 months
· Be in charge of New Beginnings or Young Women in Excellence
· Give dance classes, music lessons, etc.
· Adopt a family for Christmas
· Mentor one of the younger girls through her personal progress
· Paint flower pots and plant inexpensive flowers and take to a rest home
· Type up old family journals
· Volunteer at a hospital
· Plan a ward social with the Bishop’s permission
· Make file folder games for the nursery
*Disclaimer- These have been collected from many sources on the internet and a few are my own ideas. I am not taking credit for coming up with all of these ideas, just collecting them!