For packets and helps for kids for General Conference, hop on over to my pinterest board, found here.
Some of my favorite ideas include:
- a song to learn the names of the First Presidency and apostles,
- this General Conference folder,
and these fun Conference dot pages.
Saturday, March 29, 2014
Monday, February 24, 2014
- Talk about the five parts of a testimony. Have each child trace their hands and then cut and paste the pictures from this page on each finger.
- Have a few guest speakers come in and share an experience that helped them gain a testimony.
- Talk about what you need to do to gain a testimony. Pres. Eyring has a great example in The Friend here. Bring in different types of seeds and talk about what needs to happen to make them into plants.
- Show this video of apostles bearing their testimonies. Encourage the children to both listen and feel. Talk about what they saw and felt after the video. Did they use similar words or phrases? Did you feel good inside? etc.
Saturday, February 22, 2014
Materials needed- Gospel Art Kit pictures (ex. David and Goliath, Daniel in the lion's den, the 10 lepers, the good Samaritan, etc.)
A smiley face and a frowny face
I will start off with some choices for the children and will make it a little wiggle activity.
Ex. Show an apple and an orange. Say, "If you would choose the apple, touch your nose. If you would choose the orange, wiggle your fingers."
After a few of these and then talk about choices. Then we'll read 2 Nephi 2:27 like in the outline and discuss how Heavenly Father wants us to be able to make choices.
Then the children break up into groups. I will have several pictures from the gospel art kit hung up around the Primary room. Each group will pick a picture, review the story and talk about the choices that we're made. Each group will tell the primary what they learned.
After they tell their story, they will have then pick the one (or both) that go along with their scripture story to emphasize that our choices have consequences.
Materials needed- Gospel Art Kit pictures (as shown above)
Start off with the agency cards as found here.
Read 2 Nephi 2:27 and discuss agency.
Split children off into pairs and have them work on the gospel art kit pictures as shown in Jr. Primary.
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Last week we had our Christmas Ward social.
Deep in the heart of Texas!
Reading The Polar Express with a Texas twist
We served bbq sandwiches, potato salad, beans, chips, and water.
Our Texas Polar Express.
After the ride, Santa came and the children each got a bag. In the present was a cd with next year's program music, an ornament, and some candy.
Then we served cookies and hot chocolate and sang a few Christmas carols.